Philip, John B.
I have been practicing law for 44 years. The scope of my practice has ranged from insurance defense and personal injury to commercial litigation, collections, to currently and for the past 25 years I have handled probate matters such as estates, conservatorships, guardianships, will contests, muniment of title and small estates. I have also handled real estate matters such as residential and commercial closings, foreclosures, tax sale matters which involve redemption , excess proceeds claims, and Quiet Title suits, evictions for landlords, boundary line/ easement disputes and other title claim matters. I also handle business disputes and have served as a mediator and arbitrator.
I am Alta Certified for real estate closings, I have an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell, a legal rating firm, and our firm is an Accredited Business through the Better Business Bureau.
- Memphis State University School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1974
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi (Vice-Magister, 1973-1974)
- Memphis State University, Memphis, Tennessee
- B.A. - 1971
- Mediator, 2016 to 2019
- Memphis & Shelby County Bar Associations, Member, 1975 to Present
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 1975 to Present
- American Land Title Association, 2015 to Present
- Real Estate, Closings, Foreclosure, Evictions, Tax Sales 25%
- Probate 15%
- Conservatorship 15%
- Guardianship 15%
- Wills , Durable Power of Attorney & Advance Care Directives 15%
- Business Matters 10%
- Collections 5%
- Tennessee, 1974
- Citicorp Mortgage v. Bancorpsouth Bank, W2004-00332, 2004, Court of Appeals
- International Merchant Services V. Atm Central LLC, W2003-00849, 2004, Court of Appeals